Friday 6 April 2007

Apr 6 : A day of two halves ($225 : Up $60 )

Its a bank holiday in the UK, so I have spent quite a few hours in the Party Poker world.

RESULTS
Bankroll : From $165 to $225 (+$60)
Games Played : 12 x $22 SNG, Standard, Mix of 6/10 seats
Results : 5 Times in the money (2 Wins, 3 seconds), 7 Finishes out of the money.

Sounds like solid, break-even play, you might say. You would be wrong. The 7 bust outs were the first 7 games I played (all on 10 seat tables) which reduced my bankroll to nearly zero. Then came the turnaround - I swapped to 6-seater tables, and reeled off 5 consecutive payouts - 3 runner up spots followed by 2 wins. A day of two halves.

Food for thought indeed. What changed ? Was it my play, my luck, or does the 6 seater format suit my current play better than the 10. My records over the past couple of months tend to strongly support this too. If so, why? I am off to contemplate this during a soak in the bath.

6 seaters v 10 seaters. More to follow...