Friday 20 April 2007

Apr 20 : Still Struggling ($808 - Down $71)

A bad day.

RESULTS
Games Played

1 x $55 SNG (10 Seater)
1 x $22 SNG (6 Seater)
3 x $22 SNG (10 Seater, Speed)
Wins
1 money finish, 4 non-money finishes
1 x Win (6 Seater)
Bankroll
Cost of play $143, Winnings $72, Net Loss of $71
Bankroll down from $879 to $808

Decided to have another dabble at a $55 SNG. Same conclusion as before - a surprisingly large number of maniacs / calling stations, but the cards not falling for me to be able to trap them. I have lost my apprehension of standing out as the obvious fish at the $55 level - but my bankroll is not yet big enough to support a long barren run at $55 a go, so I'll build up my bankroll to about $1500 before making more regular appearances at that level.

Dropped back down to the $22 rooms after that, playing a 6 player game that I dominated start to finish and won. Then had a spare half and hour that I decided I could squeeze at least one speed game into if I was lucky. Huge mistake, played like a maniac to try to speed things along, busted out of two games in the space of 5 minutes, then the third game overran and I had to again play like a maniac to end it quickly, losing again. What a total idiot. Playing that rushed is worse than being on tilt. $66 thrown away in double quick time - sometimes I need a good slapping.

No comments: