Monday 23 April 2007

Apr 23 : Can't seal the deal ($977 : Up $68)

Played very well today - with a bit more luck, it could have been a really good one.

RESULTS
Games Played
1 x $22 SNG (6 Seater)
8 x $22 SNG (10 Seater)
1 x $22 SNG (10 Seater , Speed)
Wins (SNG)
5 money finishes, 5 non-money finishes
4 x 2nds (10 Seater), 1 x 2nd (6 Seater)
Bankroll
SNG Cost of play $220, Winnings $288, Net Gain of $68
Bankroll up from $909 to $977

5 second place finishes with no wins is frustrating, but I am happy with the way I played in all but one of the heads up phase.

1 x Arrived heads up ultra-short stacked (9:1) so no realistic chance
3 x Played excellent heads up to get good chip leads, only to get outdrawn after getting my money in ahead with strong hands
1 x Got outplayed

Overall, I am much more confident with my heads up play than I was a couple of weeks ago - a controlled aggressive strategy now that puts 70-80% of opponents on the back foot folding a lot - by the time they work out I am raising and re-raising with less than premium hands, more often than not I have 60-70% of the chips and in a position to gamble to end the game.

I think I need to revisit my strategy for ending games though - I seem to be losing more than my fair share of "coin-flips" to end games. Maybe I need to be more patient? My general strategy is to build a 2:1 chip lead, then take a gamble with and ace, decent King, or pocket pair. Doesn't seem to be working out for me though. Need to consider whether I am getting my money in the wrong spots at "match point", so to speak.

No comments: