Tuesday 10 April 2007

Apr 10 : Heads up Poker Practice ($293: Down $10)

I have extremely strong suspicions that my heads up play is pretty poor. I read a couple of articles, and it definitely seems I am too passive at it.

So armed with a fistful of planned aggression, I decided to have a few hours of heads-up poker to see where I am.

RESULTS
Games Played
20 x $6 Buy in Heads Up
Wins
11 Wins, 9 Losses
Bankroll
Cost of play $120, Winnings $110, Net loss of $10
Bankroll down from $303 to $293

Interesting that even with an 11-9 winning record, I still lost money overall because of the rake.

So, I am marginally above average at it, based on those results. Definitely a big scope for improvement that could pay off a lot in cold hard cash, given the big difference between coming first or seconds in SNG or MTTs.

No comments: