Wednesday 11 April 2007

Apr 11 :Short Handed Success again ($396 : Up $102)

Another session that confirms what I already know - that I am better at 6 seaters than 10 seaters, and that my heads up play needs improving.

RESULTS
Games Played
2 x $22 SNG (10 Seater, Standard)
5 x $22 SNG (6 Seater, Standard)
Wins
1 Win (6 Seater), 3x 2nds (6 Seater), 1 x 3rd (10 Seater)
2 non-money finishes
Bankroll
Cost of play $154, Winnings $256, Net gain of $102
Bankroll up from $293 to $395

I started with the two 10 seater games - with one 3rd place money finish that I most definitely did not deserve. Played like a fool in both games, and halfway through the second game, I realised why.

The prior 20 heads up games I had played earlier in the day had completely screwed up my evaluation of good starting hands / good flops. After a couple of hours of betting most hands in heads up, I couldnt dial down the aggression straight away when I hit the SNG tables, and ended up playing like a maniac, which has never really been my style even from the early days (I started my poker life as a calling station, rather than a maniac).

4 money finishes out of 5 in the shorthanded format is another pleasing return, the only downside being a losing record again once it got to heads up.

Weaknesses Identified today
My heads up play is weak. I realise I have been far too passive in general when I get to heads up in a SNG game, waiting for the cards to land in my lap to take down the victory. I need to be more aggressive, raising from the button with a lot more regularity. I was happy enough with the progress made in my Heads-Up-Fest earlier on, managing good pre-flop aggression that definitely paid off in terms of getting opponents to fold, and establishing a good table image. Still a bit clueless on post-flop play heads up though - need to do more reading on this.

I think playing too tight heads up is an example of a wider weakness in my game - not being able to ramp up the aggression appropriately to reflect the state of the game / tourney. I think my early game play is pretty good, but as games develop, it takes me too long to adjust my aggression levels and starting hand requirements to suit the changing situation. Hopefully, this will come with experience.

To Do
Find some more articles on heads-up strategy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy facebook likes
facebook likes

http://www.serjtankian.com/news/watch-music-video-goodbye-gate-21-rock-remix-ft-tom-morello http://thedaringkitchen.com/in-the-kitchen/new-and-improved-faq-different-location
1000 facebook likes buy facebook likes facebook likes
Last night my computer rebooted without warning or explanation. It came back up with everything normal seeming so I assumed it was one of those bastard windows updates. About an hour later I was using firefox and then it stopped responding to clocks. Outside of firefox, a mouseclick was recognized once per item, but no more. Using alt + ctrl + del results in the icon for the system monitor showing up in the tasktray, but nothing more. I could not interact. I rebooted it in safe mode and used system restore to take it to about 3 days back. (I haven't had any other day work so far and I've tried at least 10 different days.) I thought it had fixed it, and I left the computer running all night with no programs open. In the morning, I went to firefox and after about 10 minutes, everything locked again. Rebooted and tried internet explorer with the same result. I just now removed firefox 3.0 and then installed 3.5, but that didn't change anything. While downloading new nvidia drivers (I suspect that it's a graphical problem) the system locked again and I just now rebooted. I am very frustrated. Neither AVG nor SpyRemover find any viruses or other malware. They're both up to date. Part of what is bothering me is that there are no symptoms of viruses or malware outside of this. In some ways, that would almost be preferable. At the moment though, I am stuck, so please do what you can to help.

buy facebook likes buy facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]get facebook likes [/url] buy facebook likes