Monday 16 April 2007

Apr 16 : Solid Gains Again ($830 : Up $80)

Another slightly frustrating day, where my bankroll rises a decent amount, despite not playing particuarly well. 5 times ITM out of 9 SNG games is a decent return given that I wasn't at my best, but I think it probably owed more to favourable cards than any sophisticated play by me.

On the downside, another disappointing return of only 1 win from 5 once it got to heads up. Of the 4 losses, I deserved to lose 2 by playing badly, but deserved to win the other 2 but lucked out after outplaying my opponents.

RESULTS
Games Played
6 x $22 SNG (6 Seater)
2 x $22 SNG (10 Seater)
1 x $22 SNG (10 Seater, Speed)
1 x $12 WSOP Sub-Qualifier (40 player)
Wins
5 money finishes, 4 non-money finishes
1 x Win (6 Seater), 2 x 2nd (6 Seater), 2 x 2nd (10 Seater)
Bankroll
SNG Cost of play $196, Winnings $288, Net Gain of $92
Sub-Qualifier : Lost $12
Bankroll up from $750 to $830

Lessons learned today

It is very difficult to shake off a particular negative table image once you have established it. In games where I get involved in too many hands early on with marginal hands (often due to boredom), you are identified as a loose player by the others, and more likely to face re-raises when you have reasonable hands.

I much prefer a tight table image - it normally means you dont win many hands early on unless you get dealt strong hands, but the payoff come later in the game. Once a tight image is established, with few if any blind-steals / bluffs in the first 1-3 levels, then when I do go up the gears as the blinds increase, the blind-steals and bluffs tend to get believed, at a time when the blinds & pot sizes are worth stealing.

No comments: