Sunday 22 April 2007

Apr 22 : Tourney Frustration ($909 down $69)

Played a couple of tourneys today just for variety - I wish I hadnt bothered. I don't yet have the patience for those, I must admit.

Fold Fold Fold, playing only premium hands early on, picking a spot to get your money in ahead.. then getting outdrawn to leave you short stacked and in pushbot mode. That has summed up my last 3 tourneys, unfortunately, including the two today. I have won a decent size tourney in the past (from memory, a $33 buy in with about 90 players), but they don't instinctively appeal to me while I am still prone to making big mistakes, and prone to getting really angry when hours of effort are binned by a bad beat.

Reverted to the SNG world after that, with a marginally above break-even performance over 6 games.

RESULTS
Games Played
1 x $55 Tourney
1 x $22 Tourney ($12 rebuy + 1 add-on)
6 x $22 SNG (10 Seater)
Wins (SNG)
2 money finishes, 4 non-money finishes
1 x Win, 1 x 3rd (10 Seater)
Bankroll
SNG Cost of play $132, Winnings $140, Net Gain of $8
Tourney Cost of play $77, No winnings, Net Loss of $77
Bankroll down from $978 to $909

No comments: